Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Calamansi


Don’t they look gigantic? These calamansi or kumquats are from my parents’ backyard. They look like they have been in steroids. Believe it or not my dad has always had a green thumb. He grows anything and everything even from those seed packets. On the other hand, my mum can kill a plant within 5 days later. I could not believe how enormous those calamansi are! Especially when you squeeze them, you get so much juice out of them it’s fantastic! Trust me it was so handy when I was sick a few weeks back. I literally swam in calamansi juice! I remember as a kid you’d have calamansi juice and it’s always made in a jar, (preferably those Tang glass jugs) and it would be so yummy I’d drink two glasses with my meals. Then get into trouble for not eating the rice. (Sorry ma!)

If only I could grow calamansi in my own garden. (Not that I have my own place right this moment). Maybe I should ask my dad to add lime trees too. Hmm... :).

1 Comments:

At Thu Oct 20, 08:41:00 am 2005, Blogger lengirl said...

those are actually calamansi? wow, they are huge! i'd love to have something like in my own backyard someday. it'll be great making freshly squeezed juice!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home