Thursday, August 04, 2005

Recovered stuff.....

Wednesday, July 13, 2005
Another one....
Fourth day on the job that week and counting, I'm buggered doing shift work and it's almost the end of the day. I overheard my co-worker asked the other if they knew a Mr. X. Curious how our patients are going, I asked her the update on Mr. X. She recalled, "Remember Mr. X, was diagnosed about 18 months ago. He went for chemotherapy, radiotherapy and surgery, the works. He was so happy that he was given the all clear by the oncologist and thanked everyone a few weeks back. Well two months later down the track he died from a massive stroke. He was in intensive care and they turned the machine off and he had his last breath".

I was shocked, well more so surprised. (Yes I still get surprised with those kinds of stories you know, even though I work in the C ward). Mr. X was this BIG guy. He's more than 6-foot tall, chunky guy goes fishing. I mean, he looked great. But who would have thought? I believe God has a plan for all of us. You can never predict when it's time for us to go. No medicine or luck, ANYTHING can change when we are going to die. It's like that story about that Aussie guy who survived the Bali bombings, Tsunami and the London bombings. I wonder how he feels? Is he celebrating life? Is he happy to be with his partner, family and friends?

It's really weird, a recent study shows that millionaires are not content with their lives. They feel overworked and feel that they are not financially stable. How can that be? I think I should start small. Live life. Get a hobby. (Besides blog of course).
posted by ri0 @ 10:59 PM 0 comments

New Hobby
On my day off I decided to go to the city to roam around hoping to get a bargain. Anyhoo... I was very lazy to go by public transport and decided to drive to the city. As a loyal Melbourne Central shopper, I have no problems with parking in the city! After walking around aimlessly thinking of what I should buy, I started getting bored and restless seeing the same thing over and over again. Okay maybe after buying myself a Becca foundation and a new moisturiser, I saw myself bored with shopping and decided to go to church and spoke to a priest.

"Have you got any hobbies?" he asked. I looked at the wall blankly, looked at him and thought, "Sheez, I had no clue what I do as a hobby. He's spot on". Probably because I do not have any time to have a hobby yet alone catch up with any of my friends, or do anything I really like, or better yet with PASSION. For the last few years I've been working most of the time that I don't have time to enjoy myself. I even thought it was Saturday on a Tuesday morning. Everything just looked the same to me!

Walking away from church made me realise, I should get myself a cheaper hobby (other than spending $) or maybe get a life. Maybe he's correct, I shouldn't be so hard on myself.
posted by ri0 @ 10:29 PM 0 comments

Friday, July 08, 2005
Time to go to bed...
As a typical novice blogger, I'm wide-awake at night trying to think of things to write. Some people are really good at typing up funny stuff, but I must admit that it is HARD stuff. I'm not sure how long I would keep this up. But this is something I would like to try out for a bit. AND we shall see how I will go. I don't like keeping promises so I'm almost 'apologetic' to those lurkers out there who would read my rubbish. People might think, then why start one now? Why waste another good blog site if I'm not going to do anything about it? Why did you even bother? But you know what? I don't care. :)


Today is my day-off from another busy fortnight from work. I'm not sure what my weekend has in-store for me but for sure I'll be sleeping in and catch with everything else. Later. Lately, I feel like work has surely taken over my life that I forgot what's going on outside my oh-so-small world.


Oh by the way, I'm not trying to make a difference in the world. I'm no writer, nor am I a poet. I'm not here to inspire people or push for world peace. This is just me putting fragments of 'things' in a blog.


Let this challenge begin..... (hehe, it's almost as bad as dieting or better yet new years resolution). Goodnight.
posted by ri0 @ 12:44 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home